For you as a merchant it is important to know what's going on on your website. We generate some graphs to support you with that if the statistics feature is included in your website package. In the statistics section, you'll then find an overview of the visitors, orders, Top Sellers, and the total sales in the last 30 days. Furthermore, your dashboard will then display statistics about the last seven days.
For sure, you're happy about every information you can get to keep track of your sales and your website performance. Nevertheless, you need to offer your visitors the possibility to disable the tracking technology that is used to create the statistics.
Here's how to do so:
- In the sidebar of your cockpit, select Editor.
- As a last step, you need to add a link that allows your visitors to disable the tracking:
a. Enter the text that you'd like to link.
b. Mark the text that you'd like to link.
c. In the toolbar, select .
e. At the right side of the input field, select .
When selecting the link, visitors are prompted to an overlay that informs them about the successful opt-out. Your visitors need to confirm this overlay before they are able to continue browsing your website.
If visitors only accepted the required cookies when being prompted to the cookie notice, the tracking of Matomo is also automatically disabled.
If visitors use an ad blocker, they are not considered in the statistics about visitors and product views. However, they are taken into account for the Top Sellers, total sales, and orders statistics after they have placed an order.
Facts and figures
If the statistics feature is included in your website package, you can see an overview of your website's performance in the last seven days on your cockpit's dashboard. This overview, for example, includes information on your visitors and product views. Besides this information, you can then also view more detailed website statistics by selecting Website > Statistics in the sidebar of your cockpit. You'll find one or more of these graphs on the page:
- The Total sales graph visualizes the revenue you received through orders via your website in the last 30 days. Test orders are not included in this data. Furthermore, the amount is not adapted if an item is returned or if an order is canceled.
- The Orders graph shows the number of orders you received via the website in the last 30 days. You can access this graph by selecting the dropdown arrow next to Total sales:
- The Visitors graph visualizes the number of people who visited your website in the last 30 days.
- The Top Sellers graph displays the five items that had the highest sales in the last 30 days.
The graphs include various information. On the one hand, you can see the development over the last 30 days and an overall summary. On the other hand, you can get more detailed information per day by navigating to the highlighted dots:
Keep in mind that the statistics do not include data from visitors who disabled the tracking. Thus, the displayed data might differ from the actual numbers. Furthermore, it might take up to one day until new data is included in the statistics.
Please also note that you may not be able to view the statistics if you use an ad blocker. If all of your statistics are at 0 or you can’t see any data, the statistics might be blocked by your ad blocker.