Depending on your website package, your online payment may be powered by Stripe.
After you have connected your website to Stripe, your customers can already select various payment methods at checkout. However, to activate Klarna, you'll need to take a few additional steps in your Stripe account.
- In the sidebar of the cockpit, navigate to Settings > Shop.
- Select Payment.
- Select the link Activate Klarna in the respective section.
- Log in with your Stripe credentials.
- Navigate to the payment methods settings page.
- Scroll down to the section Buy now, pay later.
You might need to select your configuration from the Select configuration drop-down menu first, before you can activate any payment methods. This can be your own configuration or the Default option that is always available. You can find more information about payment method configurations in the Stripe DOCS.
- Select Turn on for the Klarna payment method.
- A confirmation dialog pops up, informing you under which terms you are allowed to offer Klarna as a payment method. Confirm it to use Klarna for your business. If the terms don't apply to your business, you cannot offer Klarna as a payment method.
Only activate Klarna in your cockpit after you have enabled it in your Stripe account. Otherwise, the Klarna payment method will not work in the checkout and may disturb the shopping experience for your customers!
- Return to the payment settings page in your cockpit.
- Select Add payment method.
- Select Activate for Klarna.
- Confirm by selecting Activate again.
Klarna has been activated for your website and is available at checkout.
Which Klarna payment options are available at checkout, depends on each customer’s country and transaction amount. For more information about Klarna payments, check out the Stripe DOCS.