Add a new content element
Every new page you add is empty and is waiting for you to fill it. To do so, you can add several content elements to these pages and customize them by displaying texts, images, and much more, according to your preferences.
It is not possible to add content elements to legal pages.
Follow these steps to add a content element to a page:
- In the sidebar of your cockpit, navigate to Website > Editor.
- You will see a list of your pages in the sidebar of your Editor under Pages > Content pages. Select the page that you'd like to edit or add a new one.
- A preview of the page will then be shown on the right-hand side.
- In the sidebar of the Editor, select Content elements to get an overview of the available categories.
- Select the category you are interested in to see the related content elements.
- Drag and drop your desired content element into the preview area. You can only drop content elements into the blue areas of a page.
Available content elements
The content elements are divided into nine categories:
In this category, you can choose between content elements for one image, several images next to each other, or images in combination with text. Once you've added one of these content elements to a page, you can add images to them by selecting the Add image button and then selecting the desired image from your device or by dragging the desired image from your device onto the element. Afterwards, you can edit and customize the image, for example by cropping the image or placing Call-To-Actions on it.
With content elements of this category, you can add text to your website. You can for example add plain text or text in combination with a product, images, videos, Google Maps, or a contact form. You have several options for text formatting and the possibility to add links and buttons to your text.
With content elements of this category, you can add YouTube and Vimeo videos to your website. You can for example choose between a single video or several videos in combination with text. Once you've added one of these content elements to a page, you can add the link to the video (e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzAupSM8jdU) by selecting the Add video button.
With these content elements, you can present your products on your website. You can do so with the help of categories or product sliders. Furthermore, you can highlight a single product in combination with text.
With the Custom HTML content element, you can add snippets of the markup language HTML to your website.
In the category Gallery, you will find the content element Image slider. With this content element, you can show your visitors several large-format images on a rotating basis. Furthermore, you will find the content element Image gallery, with which you can highlight several images at once in a grid layout.
With content elements of this category, you can add a contact form to your website. You can for example choose between a standalone contact form or a contact form in combination with Google Maps or text.
With the content element Divider, you can add a horizontal line which serves as a visual separator. The line can be solid, dashed, or dotted. After you have added this content element to your page, you can hover over it or select the content element and then select to change the style of the line.
With content elements of this category, you can embed Google Maps on your website. You can for example choose between a map or a map in combination with text or a contact form.
To embed a map, you'll need the HTML link from Google Maps. This is how to find it:
1. Open Google Maps on your device.
2. Search for the address that you'd like to show on the map.
3. Select Share.
4. Select the Embed a map tab.
5. Copy the HTML link.
After you have copied the link, you can use the Google Maps content element to embed the map on your website:
- Select Add Google Maps.
- In the input field Embed a map, enter the HTML link you copied from Google Maps.
- Select Save.